Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)
This visa is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution.
It lets you work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies.
You might be eligible to apply for this visa if you:
- are younger than 50 years of age
- are in Australia
- hold an eligible visa
- meet the two-year Australian study requirement
- meet the English language requirement
- have recently graduated with either an eligible qualification or with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (SOL).
This visa lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. Students are only able to access this visa once.
This visa has two streams:
- Graduate Work stream – for international students with an eligible qualification who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.
- Post-Study Work stream – for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This stream is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa in this stream can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant's qualification.
If you are applying as the main applicant, you and anybody else covered by the application must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when your visa is decided.
If you would like us to assist you with your subclass 485 visa application, or determine your eligibility for another visa, please book a consultation.
Subscribe to PKH VisaNews
Complete your name and email address below to receive our regular newsletter: